Jan 18, 2011

Bagels with a Side of Needless Vindictiveness

It was recently brought to my attention that Bagels On Broadway, makers of delicious bagels, not only have terrible radio advertisements but are somewhat evil as well.



This article (Sacred Trash by Jessie Froehling) from the Missoula Independent (February 2009) tells the unfortunate tale.

Since there are only three sentences addressing Bagels On Broadway in particular, I'll post them here.

"An employee who requested anonymity says that the owner asks workers to dump vinegar on discarded bagels to keep people from fishing them out of the trash."

The anonymous employee is quoted:
“But we don’t really do it. I don’t know, it just seems kinda…not fair. I mean, if you’re digging through the trash for food…”

This is all the info I could scrounge up in my dedicated five minute Google search. I don't know if this is still something the business practices, but I certainly hope not.

Dick move, BOB, dick move.

I don't think I'll be patronizing your establishment any longer.



image from here

No comments: