Nov 29, 2012

Songs I Have Listened to While Being Involved in a Motor Vehicle Collision

Really, there are only two of these. But I found them to be interesting nonetheless. Both are related to travel (by train and by space capsule).

The Last Train to Clarksville by The Monkees


Major Tom (Coming Home) by Peter Schilling



Both of these incidences were very slow-speed collisions where I was in the front passenger seat. Despite nobody getting even remotely seriously injured in either case, both cars I was riding in were completely totaled. Apparently I am a harbinger of vehicular destruction.

Life is full of odd coincidences. 

The moral of the story is this: Don't drive an older Japanese-manufactured car with me in the front passenger seat while some travel-related song is playing on the stereo.

No comments: